Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Site!

Welcome to my new blogging site. I'm in the process of redesigning my photography site with an updated portfolio. Currently, my portfolio is part of my motion graphic design site and I think it needs to have it's own unique identity. I'll link from the MoGfx Design site to the new photography site, but typically the people searching these kind of services want a more specific site with less clutter. Of course this is a separate blog and will be geared toward photography and related topics. I've been inspired lately by some of my fellow photography bloggers that share their experiences and are willing to give to the internet community.

This site will be a way of sharing some of my professional experiences and hopefully save you from making some of the same mistakes I've made. I'm also going to gear it towards the newbies that have just purchased their first DSLR and want to get out of the Auto mode and really see what kind of creative results you can get when you step out of your comfort zone. I think that's important to do on a regular basis, it's the best way to learn, grow and hone your skills. If you haven't purchased a DSLR but are thinking about it, stay tuned, I'll post some of my thoughts on cameras you should consider. Even if you have a point and shoot, you can also benefit by getting out of the Auto mode. All digital cameras have the same basic modes. The object is to become a better photographer today than you were yesterday.

I still don't have a basic structure or outline for these posts, but have some ideas lining up, including some of my own learning experiences as I improve my lighting skills as I go through the Strobist Boot Camp this summer. I'm also attending a couple of workshops and will post those experiences as well.

Keep checking back and feel free to leave your comments.

No comments: