Monday, October 5, 2009

Children of the Corn?

Had a shoot scheduled on Saturday that just didn't end up happening. Instead I headed up to Dahlonega (North of Atlanta) with some friends and their son.
20091003_CornMaze-12

Once again, I decided to only use my 50mm 1.8 lens. It can be challenging at times, but that's one of the reasons I'm doing this. I still don't know how long I'm going to do it for, but I think in the end, I'll put a whole slideshow together on what I've shot with this little lens.

It was also a bit of a challenge to shoot outdoors in the middle of the afternoon and as you can see not a cloud in the sky. Clear skies make for pretty landscapes, but it's the clouds that can help provide some soft light necessary for nice portraits.
20091003_CornMaze-42

When the sun is too harsh and casts strong shadows, use the environment to provide some relief and maybe even some fun photos.
20091003_CornMaze-48

Rich said he wanted this specific shot for his Facebook profile photo.
20091003_CornMaze-46

Of course, my favorite subject and nephew. He's simply awesome!
20091003_CornMaze-9

Besides a hay ride and pumpkin patch there was also a corn maze. You could very easily get lost. If you look at the first photo, that's the corn maze looking from above. The field is easily 10 feet high, so you needed to have a good sense of navigation, attention to detail and good map reading skills.
20091003_CornMaze-16

It was a great day to be outdoors and I was glad to still be able to shoot some photos. I've got another shoot schedule later this week. Already had to reschedule because of rain today and the next couple of days. I'll post as soon as I complete the assignment.

If you're looking for a portrait photographer in the Atlanta area, visit my portfolio.

No comments: