Sunday, September 27, 2009

Georgia Aquarium

It's been a while since I've been to the Georgia Aquarium. I kind of forgot that it was one of my favorite spots in town.
20090925_Aquarium-58-3


It's been a little slow lately and I was inspired by Bert Stephani's 50/50 project.  Bert set out to only use his 50mm lens for 50 days. I'm not going that far, but I decided to only use my 50mm for my personal work. What's known as the "Nifty Fifty" or "Plastic Fantastic", the 50mm 1.8 lens is a very inexpensive lens and for just around $100 you get a very sharp and fast lens.


The Georgia Aquarium has very low light and although you can use a flash, there are some locations where using a flash is prohibited because it affects some of the species. I chose not to use a flash at all, shoot wide open and even use high ISO. I love the cool blue colors and I especially love the combination of colors in the image above.


Spending the day there, just reminded me to take some time to enjoy some of Atlanta's attractions. I'm going to visit some more sites around town and explore the city. It'll give me an opportunity to scout locations for future photo shoots, but also see the city from a different perspective.


Below are some more images from the day, enjoy.
20090925_Aquarium-23-1
20090925_Aquarium-115-4
20090925_Aquarium-25-2
20090925_Aquarium-151-5
If you visit Atlanta, make sure to stop by the Georgia Aquarium.

If you're looking for a portrait photographer in the Atlanta area, visit my portfolio.

No comments: