Friday, November 6, 2009

50 x 50 Project - Shooting with my 50 mm f/1.8 "Nifty Fifty"

For the past month, I've tried to shoot everything with my 50 mm f/1.8 lens. Which I was able to do except when I shot the Mad Scientist Birthday Party. I put together a slideshow to show off some of what I was able to shoot.


I really enjoyed using the 50 mm and it's definitely my favorite lens. If you're just starting out in photography, I would make this your second lens after the kit lens that comes with you camera. It's inexpensive compared to other lenses. Canon and Nikon both have similar lenses and they are both at or just under $100.

I'm planning on using more video for the blog. I'm currently using YouTube, and I'm not really happy with the quality. I don't know if it's something on my end (although it looks fine on my system) or if its the compression during upload. Keeping this post short as I've got a shoot in the morning for the Atlanta Heart Walk and then doing an engagement session on Sunday. I'll show those images next week.

If you're looking for a portrait photographer in the Atlanta area, visit my portfolio.

1 comment:

robin shetler photography said...

Fun! Love the slideshow - nice work!