Monday, October 4, 2010

Bike MS Video Slideshow | davem photography

It's been a while since I've posted a video/slideshow. With a full day of shooting and great shots, it's hard to post all of them on a blog, not to mention how long it would take to download.
I'm not crazy about some of the slideshow programs that make putting something like this a whole lot easier. I've used iPhoto in the past, but it only supports standard definition and lacks the kind of control that I want. I haven't upgraded to the latest version and I haven't found additional reasons to upgrade beyond HD support.

The video was put together using Adobe Premiere CS4. It took me a couple days to go through almost 1,000 images, trim them, sequence them and edit the full video. It's not difficult, just takes a lot of time. I was also going to use "Bicycle Race" by Queen for the soundtrack. Even though I purchased it on iTunes, it's rights protected and could not bring it into Premiere (iTunes would not allow me to convert to an AIFF file). Yes, there are ways around it, but I don't need to deal with legal issues. Instead, I used "Stylo" by Smooth Jazz All Stars, a remake of the Gorillaz original. Since I could convert it to an AIFF file within iTunes, I used it for this piece. I'll be looking at royalty free music for future video projects. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the video.

If you're looking for a portrait photographer in the Atlanta area, visit my portfolio.

No comments: