Thursday, August 27, 2009

Brandi & Delvin's Portrait Session

One of my biggest fans and supporters jumped at the opportunity for a free portrait session. I used to work with Brandi and on occasion still do some web design and site management work for her. She has seen some of my photography and contacted me about doing a session for her & her husband Delvin.



Brandi & Delvin have been married for several years, but they never got any engagement photos before their wedding. So aside from their wedding photos they don't have any nice pictures of the two of them. For those interested in the technical details, the image above was shot at dusk, WB set to Tungsten, full power flash 1/2 CTO Gel with a 60 inch shoot through umbrella. Using OneLight techniques that I picked up from Zack Arias OneLight DVD.


We did this shoot at the Chattahoochee National Recreation Area off Cobb Pkwy just north of Atlanta. It's been several years since I've been here. There is now a paved trail that used to be a dirt path that ran adjacent to the Chattahoochee River.


The shade from the trees provided nice soft light and the river provided a nice backdrop.

This image was shot under the I-75 overpass over the river. I liked the repeating pattern of the columns and it does a nice job framing them. I also shot this with a flash & a 60 inch shoot through umbrella, flash set at 1/2 power.

The majority of the photos were shot in natural light and were taken into Lightroom for some minor color correction. I enhanced the green in the leaves to improve the overall color in the images.

By looking at the pictures you'd think that this was an engagement session and would never think that they've been married for years. Thank you Brandi & Delvin, you guys were a pleasure to work with and it was nice catching up with you. I hope you enjoy the photos and find a special place to display them.

If you're looking for a portrait photographer in the Atlanta area, visit my portfolio.

No comments: