Monday, August 31, 2009

Mary & Robert's Photo Session

Mary & Robert were referred by a mutual friend. We met at Marietta Square Saturday morning for our photo session. Mary is 8 months pregnant and didn't have any pictures with her husband. It seems that Robert is always taking snapshots of Mary and is never in the pictures.



I was happy to provide Mary & Robert with images of them together. Having never been to Marietta Square, I was pleased with the environment. It has that old time look and feel, very different to the Midtown and Downtown Atlanta area.

There was also a Farmers Market at one end of the park. Not a big deal, but something I had to keep in mind when shooting. We meet at 9 am, and between the Farmers Market and a running club, the park was full of activity.

The morning started out cloudy with some fog, which helped control the light and provide some soft light. Once the sun started peeking through, I had to pull out a scrim to help control the light.

Towards the end of the shoot, we noticed a group passing out flyers and talking to guests in the park. Seems like they were discussing religion. Then a man stepped up in front of the stage and started preaching. He was yelling at the top of his lungs. He was so loud that I couldn't think and talk to Mary and Robert. Needless to say it was time to leave. Other than that, I had a great time. Below are a couple more of my favorite images. Thanks Mary and Robert, I hope you enjoy your photos.

If you're looking for a portrait photographer in the Atlanta area, visit my portfolio.

No comments: