Monday, October 26, 2009

Suzanne's Head Shots

I was contacted by Suzanne to shoot some head shots she needed for her alumni magazine.
IMG_3096-Edit
It was definitely the first fall day of the year as the temperature in the middle of the day was 55˚.  It was overcast which was perfect for shooting outdoors, but I would have liked the sun to peek through and warm things up a bit. Overall it was a great shoot.

IMG_3137-Edit
I used an off camera flash with a 60" reflective umbrella to add some soft light. I was also able to knock down the ambient light about 2 stops and shot with my 50mm at f/4.0 or f/5.6. One of things I'm loving about shooting with a light is that exposures are fairly consistent especially on an overcast day, the ambient light never changes. I place the light on the left side, but I really liked it when I place it right in front of Suzanne. I got between the light and Suzanne to take some of these images. The on-axis light really does a great job softening the light.

IMG_3115-Edit

Suzanne had seen my portfolio and specifically asked me to recreate a similar image of her from my portfolio. Guess that means I have a certain style. I didn't know, but I think that's a good thing. She really like the images when I get in tight and focus on the eyes and smile.
IMG_3103-Edit


I also took a couple wider shots at Suzanne's request and after talking to her, we were both happy with the results from the shoot.
IMG_3082-Edit

Thank you Suzanne, it was a pleasure working with you.

If you're looking for a portrait photographer in the Atlanta area, visit my portfolio.

No comments: