Wednesday, January 19, 2011

HFE Rise & Run | davem photography

This assignment was from this past October. It's a bit late, I know, but I was busy towards the end of the year and I'm catching up since it's kind of slow and the weather isn't great for shooting outdoors.
I was asked to shoot photos of the race with 50% of the proceeds going back to the school. Some may question why give 50% of the profits from the sale of photos back to the school. Sometimes you can use your talent to help someone or an organization. I chose to help this school out. As a result, I also made a few connections that led to a couple more clients.


I really enjoyed this shoot and had a great time. As a runner, I was pleased to see so many children actively participating in the runs. There was a kids 1 mile fun run followed by a 5k run. Most of the kids did both and some even ran with their parents. It's great to see families enjoying themselves doing an outdoor activity that promotes health  & well being.

The morning started with some group stretching and fun characters. Everyone had a great time.


These are some of my favorite of the day, especially the ones with the parents and kids running together.




Part of the fundraising part was a pancake breakfast. How can you go wrong with pancakes after a morning run. I even got a plate of pancakes at the end of the shoot.

As I mentioned, I made a few new connections and booked two family sessions from this shoot. I also got reconnected with a former co-worker that has given me the opportunity to do some graphic design work and even the opportunity to meet and photography Bobby Bowden. Those post are coming up soon.

If you're looking for a portrait photographer in the Atlanta area, visit my portfolio.

No comments: